Thursday, December 24, 2009

and the count down begins...

Twas the night before christmas when all through the house...

people are still awake. COME ON! does no one want santa to arrive?!

I remember when christmas was so exciting I almost couldnt sleep. Its too funny to look at Katie and know thats exactly what I looked like ten years ago. and now, I stay up for hours putting things around the christmas tree after everyone else is asleep-wrapping gifts and making sure that everything looks magical for the next morning when the kids drag me out of bed to see what santa has brought them while they were sleeping...

:) thats my favorite part.

Other than that, I usually find Christmas extremely annoying. haha. But this years different for some reason. I think that in years past I just thought of it as another holiday for people to go out and spend money they dont have on things other people wont appriciate, not to mention the decorations take HOURS to put up and only stay there for a couple days...and then you have to clean up again! oh and then theres always those psycho shoppers, and the tacky yard ornaments...ahh its insane! but this year Ive tried to be more focused on being thankful for the place I am in right now, and the people I have in my life. Because Im very lucky. :)

merry christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment