Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wasting time...

So Im supposed to be working on my senior project right now. Im in first block, English, and I really dont feel like writing for grad project stuff...so I decided it was a good time to update. Guess what WJHS students? blogger.com is currently UNBLOCKED from the internet! Excitement! Joy! Happiness! Blogging!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The past couple days have been interesting. :D

Yesterday I learned that Katie sits next to a little girl on the bus who calls herself "Saint Lollie". I cant decide if this is funny or disturbing. Perhaps the disturbing part is that all the other kids refer to her using her saint name?

Oh heres another funny little story. Bridget has started noticing racial differences in people. (ex:"Look, hes black!") OH yeah. Its pretty dang funny. We've been trying to explain to her why we dont shout things like "LOOK A BLACK PERSON!". Its pretty cute because shes honestly is just excited about it. :) We were at the soccer field for one of Emilys games, when a nice older man gave Bridget a caprisun. She was really excited and exclaimed "Wow! I cant believe your black!". He, laughing, walked away as I looked at her, utterly horrified. I explained to her that we dont shout things like that, so that people doing think that we're trying to be mean...I dont think she really understood. Yesterday when my mother came to drop off my cap and gown order to the school (*YAY*), they pulled up to the little shack for the security stuff in the front of the school. The same man sits there every day, and after four years of going to west, he knows us by car. As soon as they pulled forward, Bridget says from the back seat "Hes so nice. I like him. And hes black." Then, covering her mouth, her eyes growing wide she apologised saying: "Oh! Sorry. Thats a bad word." Not quite what we're trying to get her to understand...but at least shes trying...? Children say the derndest things. :]

Today Im doing sportsmed for our wrestling team. I really hope I dont have to deal with any cauliflower ear or broken facial bones. But whatev. I love sports med. so its alright. Apparently today is Dalton and Orans first match, which Im missing because the losers forgot to tell me ahead of time. :/ uuuunnnncoooool! I guess I'll just have to stop scheduleing stuff for wednesday nights. Anyways, I've never really been to a wrestling match before, so this should be a very interesting experience. :) I hear it can get pretty uncomfortable. Haaaaaaaa!

Well its about time for us to switch classes. So Im gonna wrap this up. Hope everyones having a fan-freakin-tastic day!

lyssss.

4 comments:

  1. haha. what's wrong with shouting that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its awkward. :) and some of them get violent....
    O.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee, I'm supposed to be doing a science project, but seriously? There's nothing to do. She hasn't even taught us what half this stuff is we have to look up, so I'm like, "soil types? really?" :/ So I'm boycotting the thing, basically.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tori, the comment section is not for updates on your academic life. Sorry for that, alyssa. she doesn't know any better.

    ReplyDelete